There is nothing more frustrating than when your air conditioning unit isn’t functioning properly, and you cannot figure out why. Below we’ve listed a few of our most common air conditioning issues, and simple ways you as homeowners can fix them. If your issues continue, give Breedlove Dobbs a call!
Top 5 Air Conditioning Issues
1. There is warm air coming out of my unit!
- If there is warm air coming out of your air conditioning unit, it may be due to dirty filters. Your unit could be producing cold air, but with particles and debris build up, the cold air could be getting lost. Changing the filter in your air conditioning unit is a simple and easy task for anyone to tackle. Make sure to regularly change them about every three months.
- Make sure that your outside unit is running normally as well. If it is not, give us a call and we’ll be happy to send a professional technician out to service your unit.
2. My AC unit is frozen, help!
- This is an extremely common ailment when it comes to air conditioning issues, and it may be caused by improper air flow. Make sure that the filters and coils are clean and debris free, and make sure they don’t need to be replaced. Other common issues that cause an AC unit to freeze are a malfunctioning blower fan, and a faulty control delay.
- As a homeowner, you can change air filters as well as clean away debris particles that could be obstructing the cold air flow, but please call a professional when it comes to replacing mechanical parts dealing with electricity.
3. The air conditioning unit will not turn on, now what?
- If your home’s air conditioning unit is not turning on properly, the first steps to take are 1) to make sure the unit is receiving proper electricity, and 2) that the thermostat is set to its proper settings.
- If you think that your unit is not receiving electrical power, verify the fuse panel to see if the fuse has been blown. You can also verify the breaker in the electrical box is on. If your AC unit is still not running properly, call us at 317-888-9111.
- If your thermostat is not set to the cooling setting, this can also determine whether or not your unit is running properly.
4. The air conditioning unit shuts off and on repeatedly.
- This is another common result of a dirty or blocked up condenser unit or a dirty evaporator. If this is happening, first start by giving your unit a cleaning by removing all debris. This is eliminate the problem. If it still continues to do this, we’re here to help!
5. There is a weird noise coming from my unit.
- Although some noise is perfectly ok when it comes to the proper function of your AC unit, but if you start to hear loud rattling and vibrations that sound out of the norm, there is most likely something wrong in your unit. It could be that the unit was installed improperly, and you should leave this job up to the professionals.
All of our technicians are certified at the highest level of expertise, and are constantly learning the best techniques possible to accommodate all of your Heating and Air Conditioning needs. If any of these air conditioning issues persist, never hesitate to give the professionals a call. We offer emergency service 24/7 and free estimates to the Greater Indy North areas. Contact us today at 317-888-9111 to set up your appointment!