Energy-efficient air conditioner units on the market today consume 30 to 50 percent less energy compared to older systems. By upgrading to a new energy-efficient system, you could save up to 40 percent off your energy bill.
When you begin shopping for an energy-efficient system, you should understand a system’s seasonal energy efficiency ratio, commonly referred to as the SEER. The SEER indicated how much energy a model uses to produce a specific cooling output. Since 2006, newer models are required to have a SEER rating of at least 13. This requirement means new air conditioner systems require 30 percent less energy to run and operate compared to any older unit. Keep a lookout for ENERGY STAR units with a 16 SEER or higher.
Central air conditioning systems are not the only heating and air conditioning systems available. You also have the option of using a heat pump air conditioners and ductless systems. Both are great energy-efficient options. Heat pump air conditioners move warm air from a cool space to a warm space, making the cool space cooler and the warm space warmer. Ductless systems use heat pump technology to push out cold or warm air into your living area in a more efficient way than furnaces and wall heaters.
Below are some great options for each type of heating and cooling system:
- Offers high-efficiency variable speed performance
- Provides up to 19 SEER cooling efficiency
- Soft start and smooth ramp to operating speeds
- Includes variable speed inverter capacity control delivers up to five stages of operation
- Offers high-efficiency cooling and heating for a variety of rooms
- Provides efficiency level of 30.5 SEER
- Deodorizing filter
- Natural flow setting that creates air movement like a natural breeze
- Provides up to 30 SEER cooling efficiency
- Quiet levels as low as 53 dB(A)1
- Select sizes are ENERGY STAR certified
- Compressor inverter is isolated for sound reduction
Choosing the right system can be tricky. Contact us and we would be happy to recommend the best system for your home. To schedule an appointment, give us a call today!