You may think that your allergies are only affected while you are outside enjoying the beautiful spring weather, but the truth is, they are all over your home as well. At home allergies include dust mites, dander from animals, and other impurities in the air.
Being able to control the indoor air quality in your home greatly affects how you feel with your allergies. Controlling your air quality can reduce symptoms of allergies and asthma. Removing the source of your allergy triggers as much as possible will help improve your symptoms greatly. You’d be surprised that there may be more allergies on various surfaces in your home rather than in the air, but these surface allergies can easily go into the air by disrupting them by sitting or dusting.
The next best thing to improve your air quality is to take action in increasing the air circulation of air into the home, and reduce the level of humidity as much as you can. By lessening the amount of humidity in your home, it helps decrease the amount of mold growth and dust mite. You can also reduce allergen triggers by keeping windows and doors closed, and keeping the air conditioner on the recirculation setting.
Indoor air quality is possible, and with these few steps, you will be feeling better when it comes to your allergy relief. The best way to improve your allergy relief is to one, get rid of whatever furniture, toys, blankets, mattresses, chairs, or sofas that could be infested with dust mites, pollen, pet hair and any other triggers.
How To Increase Indoor Air Quality & Reduce Allergy Symptoms
1. Vacuum – If you vacuum your home at least once or twice weekly can help greatly. This action will help if you use a vacuum with a HEPA filter and use a damp cloth while dusting to help reduce the amount of dust mites that are filling the air in your home.
2. Keep Windows And Doors Closed – By keeping your windows and doors closed, you reduce the opportunity for pollen and other outside allergens to enter your home. This will also help in reducing the humidity. Changing window filters can help a great amount too.
3. Animal Dander – Animal dander is one of the most common reasons for allergy symptoms within a home. If you have allergies and are thinking about getting a pet, it is best to choose one that does not shed fur or hair. Animals with feathers can also trigger allergy symptoms.
4. Reduce Mold – Reduce the mold in kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas in your home where mold may grow. Fixing leaks in pipes, and keeping the house plants to a minimum will help reduce the mold in your home as well. It is important to also get rid of the mold in your yard as it may trace into your home foot traffic.
5. Control The Dust Mites – You can control dust mites by keeping surfaces in your house clean and organized. Using rugs that you can easily wash are ideal to help reduce the amount of dust that is in your house.
If you have any other questions or would like more information on the best way to control your air quality in your house, give us a call today at 317.888.9111 to schedule your free estimate. Breedlove Dobbs Heating and Cooling provides accessories to help with your indoor air quality, and we’d be happy to come to your home for an estimate!