Indianapolis Air Duct Cleaning Services
You know the air in your home? It’s recirculated each day through your home’s air ducts, which is part of your heating and cooling system. If your air ducts are not properly installed, maintained and operated, they become filled with debris, dust, dirt, allergens and more, that then recirculate through your air and home over and over.
How can you prevent this awful build-up from clogging your heating and cooling system and filling the air inside your home and your lungs? Duct cleaning. This process involves cleaning the various components of your air duct system. At Breedlove Dobbs, we use professional tools and techniques to remove dirt debris from your airflow systems, including vacuuming the impurities out with a high-powered vacuum cleaner.
What Happens if I Don’t Clean My Air Ducts?
You become more susceptible to allergies, asthma and other health issues due to the accumulation of dust, dirt, pollen, hair, insects, dust mites, bacteria and other contaminates infesting your air duct system and air quality.
Check out these alarming statistics:
- Indoor air is two-to-five times more dirty than outdoor air, with some homes and buildings suffering significantly higher numbers, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- 3 million people die every year around the globe because of indoor air pollution, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Mold, pollen, dander from pets, secondhand smoke, household cleaners and pesticides, carbon monoxide and fumes from paint and drywall are the most common sources of indoor air pollution, according to the CDC.
- Since homes are tightly sealed, these pollutants circulate through your air duct system, and into the air, you and your family breathe.
- Close to half of deaths due to pneumonia among children under five years of age are caused by particulate matter (soot) inhaled from household air pollution, according to WHO.
- In one EPA study, in-home air tests were conducted across North America homes and found that nearly every home tested had at least one indoor air quality problem. 86% of those homes had high levels of particles and bioaerosols like dust, pollen, and viruses. 71% were filled with odors and potentially harmful chemicals and gases.
The Benefits of Duct Cleaning
When your air ducts are inspected and cleaned, it provides peace of mind that there are no potentially serious health issues growing inside your heating and cooling systems, such as mold or rodents and insects. Additionally, research suggests that cleaning the air ducts in your heating and cooling system may also improve the efficiency of your system, resulting in a longer operating life, as well as providing energy and maintenance cost savings, according to EPA.
Choosing a Duct Cleaning Provider
If you’re still unsure if your air ducts need cleaning or if you have any other questions or concerns, a Breedlove Dobbs qualified technician is happy to take a look and provide our expertise on what services you need. Our certified team employs various techniques and recommendations as to how to keep your ducts from becoming contaminated and whether or not they need attention.
To learn more about how duct cleaning works and what it can do for your air quality and cost-savings, check out our resources below.